Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic (hits) to
your company's website from search engines via natural search. Search engine algorithms look to many technical and contextual aspects of a website including inbound links, optimized content and images, and relevancy in order to formulate page ranking and positioning. Following a few simple guidelines when creating your website could save you a lot of work in the long run and may rank you higher in the organic search.
Here are a few search engine guidelines to follow:
- Make a site with a clear hierarchy and text links. Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.
- Offer a site map to your users with links that point to the important parts of your site.
- Create a useful site and write pages that clearly and accurately describe your content.
- Think about the words users would type to find your pages, and make sure that your site actually includes those words within it.
- Try to use text instead of images to display important names, content, or links.
- Make sure to use descriptive and accurate text in your web pages.
- Check for broken links and correct HTML.
- Test your site to make sure that it appears correctly in different browsers.
Link Building is the very foundation of SEO. Even if your website has terrific content it won't get any traffic without relevant one way backlinks. Getting these links can be a tidious, labor intense and difficult task. Because of this, many link schemes have evolved on the Internet. These include paid links, mass directory submissions, paid blog reviews, automated 3 way and reciprocal linking frauds, blog networks and more. Failure to follow the seo guidelines established by the major Search Engines can get your website banned.
SEO QUICK QUOTE
Complete the form for a Free SEO Quote:
- or CALL 1-800.605.8967